Pages

8.5.11

Well hello.

I’ve been sitting here for what seems to be a very long time, trying to figure out how in the world to write my first blog post.  And then it dawned on me, “who in the world is going to read my first blog post other than my loyal sister and Andy's Edie?”  So ladies, here it is!  If anyone else stumbles upon this first post, my apologies, haha.  I promise someday I will write my posts with much more eloquence and grace, or at the very least, better flow! So here goes:

Six months ago, while I sat in my university English class, amongst too many freshly graduated students where my twenty two year old self felt old for the first time, we discussed punctuation.  Yep, punctuation.  Exciting, right?  BUT our professor posed the question, “Is punctuation going to one day die out of our language?”  She went on to further explain that many forms of punctuation, such as the colon or semi-colon are rarely used in language anymore, but that was not always the case. So is the same going to happen to the punctuation we sometimes use today?  But that’s not what I found interesting.  What was interesting is this: she explained punctuation as a way of clarifying what was being written, and not only that, but it was part of the expression – almost the ART of LANGUAGE.  Then she asked, “Will the apostrophe die?”  And for some reason that stuck with me. 

I’m a lover of all things artistic, old, and hand-made.  Photography has my heart. Travel has my soul. And this blog, well, it’s going to be my place to let it all out. 

Love Andy...


No comments:

Post a Comment